We are trying to make a difference to our planet at The Backpack.
You can rest assured that by choosing to stay with us, you are making a difference as well.
- Our cleaning products are bio-degradable
- The food waste from the kitchen is used to feed our worm farms
- The compost and worm tea from the worm farm is used in our garden and excess is sold and donated to our community project
- Throughout the building you will find colour-coded recycling bins, we have a separate company that collects our recyclable materials
- The garden at the entrance is waterwise
- We support local people by selling their arts and crafts in our community shop
Our recycling company, Recycle1St, monitors our monthly recycling and sends us a breakdown of what we have recycled.
|Jan 2012||119 kg||91 kg||350 kg||32 kg||592 kg|
|Dec 2011||78 kg||68 kg||292 kg||22 kg||460 kg|
|Nov 2011||136 kg||55 kg||379 kg||28 kg||598 kg|
|Oct 2011||122 kg||79 kg||407 kg||26 kg||634 kg|
|Sep 2011||30 kg||38 kg||238 kg||16 kg||322 kg|
|Aug 2011||61 kg||59 kg||317 kg||23 kg||460 kg|
|Jul 2011||53 kg||43 kg||218 kg||18 kg||332 kg|
|Jun 2011||65 kg||45 kg||169 kg||17 kg||296 kg|
|May 2011||45 kg||48 kg||223 kg||23 kg||339 kg|
|Apr 2011||107 kg||38 kg||163 kg||13 kg||321 kg|
|Mar 2011||92 kg||51 kg||206 kg||22 kg||371 kg|
|Feb 2011||69 kg||47 kg||233 kg||26 kg||375 kg|
|Jan 2011||85 kg||54 kg||246 kg||26 kg||411 kg|
|Dec 2010||63 kg||44 kg||189 kg||23 kg||319 kg|
|Nov 2010||134 kg||51 kg||217 kg||26 kg||428 kg|